Re: recommendation on cat back, or more

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 21:49:12 EST

In article <buck67$g1e$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jldenning@earthlink.net
("Jeffery B. Denning") writes:

> I'm finally going to start doing some minor mods to my stock 99 5.2l 4x4,
> and am looking for fresh advice for an exhaust tweak.
>
> First, I picked up a Mancini racing TB w/ the list's help last year, and
> plan to do a full grind and polish, then install. Now, the exhaust. My
> goal is a low rumble, definitely not loud, but it'd be nice to hear my
> truck. I'd prefer to boost torque. I've been considering tracking down a
> set of the older manifolds w/larger openings but probably won't do that now.
> So likely I'm looking at cat back only. Finally, if anyone's in the
> Washington DC area and has recommendation on a shop, that'd e great.
>
> TIA
>
> Jef

Some people might argue the torque gain or loss, but it's hard to go wrong with
the Gibson 3" single side exit with a 318. Nice fit, good price, quality,
performance, and sound. You can do it yourself, too. I prefer a little louder
exhaust note, and changed my Gibby muff to a 2 chamber Flowmaster.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto