re: RE: HELP!!! Need info on the viscous fan

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 18:04:34 EST

36mm sound about right. the fan is bolted to the clutch with smaller bolts.
you can check out a fan clutch wrench from some AutoZone stores..

take the fan shroud loose so when you get the fan clutch unscrewed from the
pump you can lift both the fan and the shroud out together just watch the
radiator fins, they bend easily. Pulling the radiator makes more room.
Got a tool to remove the serpentine belt if a 92 has one? A 15mm socket
on a flex handle will work, AZ might have one of those too.
I had 2 NAPA fan clutchs that I never could get to free spin. I got a
Mopar one that works. Remember to tell the parts people what rotation
direction yours is. Serpentine belt fan rotates opposite of v belt ones

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,K&N
dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,CarSound Cat,Jacobs ign,MSD 8mm
wires,Tow pkg,207rwhp,285rwtq - 267000 miles