Re: The Latest

From: Ethan Schwartz (ethan@ethanschwartz.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 21:41:40 EST

Stock '97 5.2 4x4 w/ 92k...

Runs poorly (low power + ping/knock under even light loads) with 87...
runs ok but has a power-loss under heavy load w/ 89... runs great w/ 93
under nearly all conditions...

I just resigned myself to the extra $3-5 per tankful and never go for
the cheap stuff...

Your milage sounds about the same as mine... I get 15-16mpg w/ my
version of "city" driving (35-50mph w/ a few traffic lights and almost
no stop n' go)... highway is mid-16s w/ my avg. speed between 60-65...

I bought it at 88k and judging by the rest of it's condition I'd say
it's never been tuned up...