Re: help with leaking A518 trans?

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 23:00:58 EST

I hate to say it, but you're going to have to climb under it again. Use a
cleaner of some sort (Gunk comes to mind), and then use it a day, and follow
the fluid trail backwards.

2 common places left are the TC input seal, and the tailshaft seal. If the
tailshaft seal is the culprit, you will have fluid slung on the floor boards
around the front u-joint. The TC seal will end up leaking from the bottom
of the flexplate cover (usually).

In the meantime, a clean piece of cardboard after the degreasing will help
locate where the drip is occurring. Just look directly above the wet spot
as a starting point.

HTH
TonyC