RE: Bottom of oil filler cap "rusty" (4.7)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 22:05:31 EST

Normal. The 4.7L, with it's aluminum engine and alloy valve covers, will
cause slight condensation. The original fix was to install a baffle in the
fill tube (now standard on all 4.7L's) but it still have a little bit of
moisture on it. Nothing to be worried about - if there's water (milky
stuff) on the dipstick...that's something to be worried about.

- Bernd