Re: help with leaking A518 trans?

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 22:36:24 EST

Whew, am I relieved to get some new ideas on the leaking problem. Thanks everyone. After cleaning the transmission, I was able to tell that the fluid is coming from the front of the transmission. Where exactly its leaking from I can't tell. It seems to do it when the tranmission is under load, because I let it sit there and idle for about 15 minutes in Nuetral with no leak. When I drive up to the barn and back, I put it in park and there's the leak.

I'll look again when I have some time and check if fluid is coming from the bellhousing at all.

Mike Styer