Re: Re: RE: Ceramic Coatings

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 17:17:34 EST

If you live in the RUST belt, this mod will seriously extend the life of
your exhaust system........

I was replacing headers, pipes, mufflers on an average of every 24-36 months
due to the parts rusting out on my 68' Pro Street Charger....

I had the last system coated inside and out from the headers all the way to
the tailpipes including the mufflers (OUTSIDE ONLY on the mufflers)

5 years later when I sold the car, that system was still on it and looked as
good as the day I installed it!

As an added bonus my underhood temps dropped due to the coating retaining
the heat in the pipes!....The engine cooled faster too!

This made oil changes and spark plug servicing simpler when the engine was
HOT!

(This comment my raise some debate)

I Dyno tested the car with the only change being the coated exhaust
and the Charger picked up 3HP at the wheels.....NO other changes were made,
and the exhaust was the same one used in the previous test.

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
www.scsilverdak.1colony.com