Clutch Time?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 17:49:26 EST

Hey, DML!

I've noticed that the DAKSY has started emitting a slight squeal when the
clutch engages in 2nd & 3rd gears...
Not a long squeal - more like a "chirp" - right at the top of the
pedal...After 80K, does this sound mean that my clutch plate(?) has got some
glazing on it, or is it telling me that it's near the end of it's life?
Should I start to investigate replacing it? I've never done much to a tranny
other than repair a master cylinder on an ole B2000 I had in the early
90s...
I do have some mechanical ability & I DO have the FSM...
I've heard a lotta chatter - although none lately - about Centerforce
clutches...Any body got experience installing one in a 4X4? Are they even
available for 4X4s?
While on the clutch topic, what about a Hurst shifter? I know Chuck Robbibs
put one in his Intense99, but he doesn't have a 4X4...
Am I grasping at straws, or are the Centerforce & the Hurst the way to go?
Hayelp!

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(Income tax return dreaming!)
Averill Park, NY