RE: Re: RE: 1993 Dakota Club Cab heater-A/C issue

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 16:02:04 EST

Remove the blower motor and test it with the battery and two leads connected
to it. May be worn or just bad. On the resistor, if you look on the
passenger-side of the firewall (near the top), you'll see a brownish plate
with a connector on it. That's the resistor that is prone to failing.

On the fuel issue, I'd check the fuel sock at the bottom of the pump
(requires removing the tank or truck bed in order to remove the fuel sending
unit). It may be dirty and when the tank is low, the dirt is getting sucked
up into the screen - causing a stall condition (not enough fuel volume).

- Bernd