Re: Re: Time to make the donuts!! :-D

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 09:45:12 EST

Up until a few days ago when I replaced the short rear parking brake cables,
I had the same problem. I have a 5-sp, so setting the parking brake is part
of my usual routine. For weeks mine had been sticking too. I had to release
the lever inside, then walk around to the back and, at each rear wheel, flex
the short conduit through which the cable passes. Just a little yank to
flex them and they were free. The new rear cables are a better design- no
exposed steel conduit. PITA to change if you find drum brakes as detestable
as I.

Speaking of Donuts, I owned an '81 Ram Van (with a 318/833!) waaaaaaayyyy
back when I was in college in 90-95. I drove it through high school too.
I'd start in 2nd and if the planets were aligned just right I could have the
front wheel pivot in one spot and centrifuge all of my passengers/victims
into the couch in the back. That was a hoot. My parents were suckered into
a 1984 Renault Encore. I did unspeakable things in the snow to that poor
French car untill it sucked a valve. It was very short and fwd so you could
get some pretty serious donut rpms out of it.

Tim

>I learned not to use my E-brake when it's cold... I had it freeze on me
last year. I never did figure out what actually froze up, but my truck was
immobile for 2 days
>and then on the third day, we caught a warm snap (40 degrees, and all was
better...