Re: Stalling when fuel drops below 1/4

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 14:58:15 EST

vern.davidson wrote:

> Yes, this has only happened once when the fuel was over 1/4 full. The
> problem is that when I let the take go below 1/4 full, the truck will
> soon-after stall and die. It does it when the engine and weather are cold or
> hot. It will not start until it sits for a few minutes. This is when I get
> to the station ASAP and fill 'er up.
>
> Being a '93, I figure it has been some time since the fuel filters were
> replaced. I have heard that the fuel filter is located inside the tank? Are
> there any other in-line filters outside the tank? How much is it gonna run
> me to get that in-tank screen/filter replaced (ballpark)?

the filter is inside the frame rail under drivrs seat.

its most likely pump (inside tank) or relay (fender well,
drivers side)
taking the bed off is easier than dropping the tank.

> Hey Jon... GO BLUES!!!
>
> ~Vern
> Scott City, MO
> He had also asked about a stalling problem in the same post.
>
> Jon
> STL MO

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)