Re: OT new virus

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 21:52:58 EST

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message

> Yeah, we've been getting grundles here. The way our e-mail is set up,
> any address at bleazard.net comes to us. We're getting worms to
> addresses that have never been used... bill, jane, fred all at
> bleazard.net. Sheesh. We've even had bounces from apparently other
> people sending the worm hijacking our address, setting the from address
> to make it look like it's coming from me (it's not, I checked the IP
> addresses in the full header). This is incredibly annoying, but I can't
> think of a thing to do about it.

Why not change your domain settings to bounce all mail that doesn't have an
actual address? That's what I do... I don't want to be bothered with all
sorts of junkmail. bounce it back and let the sender deal with it.

> Does anyone know of a way to check for sure whether your machine has
> been infected? I haven't found anything about that yet.

I know it sets some registry keys, might want to check on the anti-virus
mfg's websites to see if you can find what keys it sets.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L