Re: GULP!!.....close call

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 22:58:02 EST

Ed McCarrick wrote:
> hey all,
>
> On the way home from work I had a pair of deer run out
> in front of me. I did not have anytime to react, and
> then there was a small bump. The second deer just
> clipped the truck and removed the passenger fog light
> and deposited it along the road side. I found the
> light after I turned around in my driveway (100 ft
> from the incident)to check to see if the deer had
> gotten away. Deer was gone, hopefully not to injured,
> but it had been knocked off it's feet and stuggled to
> get up as I passed.
>
> Ed
> '00 QC 4x4 4.7 5 speed lsd

Hey Ed! (low whistle) Glad all is OK! Ya got lucky!! Was with my
grandfather back in 98, in his 2wd Dak - up at my summer home north of
here... had he been going any faster than a leisurly 35 mph down the
back roads and we would have ended up with two deer in the engine
compartment. They jumped out right infront of us.

Whats it with you and taking out fog lights on your trucks? heeheh - -
ok ok I know - it was Eddie (not you) driving into (what is now) Ranger
Gulch.