New Rims, And More!

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 02:25:15 EST

Be forewarned: Long post, semi-rambling.

I had been considering getting wider rims for my truck for a while.
Something wide, something that would look mean. Went with an American
Racing 767 knockoff made by Unique Wheel.
<http://www.uniquewheel.com/images/products/42_15inch.jpg>

Dimensions: 15x8, colour: black as the night. :-P

They look good. The chrome lugs are a bonus. Didn't think to ask if
they came with center caps... they don't. I'll get them in a bit, since
school's busy right now.

I'm trying to get a sort of stripper muscle car look going on - minus
the dog-dish hubcaps. The hood needs paint, so I'm gonna try my hand at
painting it satin black this summer (the mopar fiberglass lift-off
look,) and I'll re-do the bumpers and mirrors satin black at the same
time.

I'm also thinking of getting a set of Eibach 1" lowering springs to get
a subtly more aggressive stance and a firmer spring to go with the KYB
gas-a-justs I have coming in.
http://www.truckperformance.com/products/?productID=316528

If I only wanted to do a 1" drop in the rear, would blocks be a safe
option? Or should I buck up and get some Western Chassis parts and do a
2" drop (they list 2-3" adjustable hangers on sporttruckdirect.com)? I
really don't want to go very low with the lowering. Think Regular
GenIII vs. an R/T, subtle. It's still a truck, afterall. ;-D