Re: OT new virus

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 00:35:25 EST

Kyle Vanditmars wrote:

> Jason Bleazard wrote:
>

>>> your infected if you recieved it or checked your mail. period!
>>

>> I'd disagree with that. The worm spreads through the attachment that
>> would need to be opened. If you didn't open it and run the worm, I
>> don't see how it could infect your machine.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a way to check for sure whether your machine has
>> been infected? I haven't found anything about that yet.
>>

> I think there's another one going around that places a bunch of garbage
> characters in the preview pane. I know I've gotten a few like that. I
> use mozilla, so I'm guessing it's not as flawed as Outlook/OE.

Im using Mozilla (V. 1.5) also, it got through :(

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)