Re: OT new virus

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 07:57:01 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to check for sure whether your machine has
> been infected? I haven't found anything about that yet.

Yes, I'm replying to my own message.... guess I wasn't looking hard
enough. I got the idea to check my Norton AV, and the program has a
link to their online security response site. On there, I found this
information:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.mydoom.b@mm.html

I've received hundreds of copies, and from what I can tell my machine is
NOT infected. Using Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail, and Norton for
anti-virus protection.