Re: Re: New Rims, And More!

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 11:10:46 EST

Josh Battles wrote:

> Naaaa....I'm sure we've all done worse. =P

True, I've even done worse...

> Nice! How much were they and are they available in a pretty wide range of
> sizes? I'm looking for some new wheels for autocross season this
> summer....and you spelled color wrong. ;-)

They're normally $80 Canadian a pop for the 15x8's. Run that through
your favourite currency converter for an approximate price down there.
15x7, 15x8, 17x8 and 17x9 appear to be the only sizes with our bolt
pattern. http://www.uniquewheel.com/catalog_pg3.html Click the "More
Details" link under one of the two wheels at the top.

> Why not do spindles instead? They'd sure be easier to put on, and you
> wouldn't have to worry about spring safety. Or, are you looking for the
> stiffer ride these will offer?

Well, the only spindles I've seen are Bell Tech 2" drop. More than I
want. That and I want firmer springs on the front, so this works for me.

> I'd think that as long as you only want to go with a 1" drop, blocks would
> be okay. If i remember correctly, extruded aluminum ones are the best way
> to go. Be sure to watch that pinion angle!

Yeah, I'll get the extruded ones with the pinion angle correction built
in.

After all this stuff I'll probably also get a set of 255/60 Yokohama
Avid S/T's. Can't wait for all this to be finished.