Re: Service Contracts - My Factory Warranty Running Out

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 12:20:00 EST

I'd be *real* leery about that third option. If they
"buy" the loan out, that means they pay off your
balance and then take out a new loan. Sounds like a
good deal until you find out how much your interest
rate gets jacked up.

When I bought my truck, the finance guy said the best
rate he could get was from Bank One(my bank, it turned
out). It was some astronomical number (~19%). I had
looked into getting a car loan thru my bank before
going to see him, and the rate I got by directly going
to them was about 10 points lower. From the same
friggin bank. Be very careful before entering into any
kind of loan with the Stealer.

My extended warranty goes for 6/75k. I got it when I
bought the truck. I'm at 58k in the 4th year already.
I just hope, if anything major is going to break, it
does it before the 75k mark.