Brighter Headlights

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 15:21:21 EST

The headlights on my '92 are fairly pitiful. I put in the sylvania
"cool blue" headlights about a year ago, and they really didn't do a
very good job of brightening things up it just went from dull yellow to
dull white-ish. I want really bright headlights, as seeing at night is
a nice thing.

I'm considering getting a pair of these Hella 9004 replacements.
http://www.truckperformance.com/products/?productID=533646 They are an
80/100 watt low/high "Xenon White" bulb. (I like how they make the Xenon
sound like a feature on a Halogen, even though it's just an inert gas
that they put in the bulb.) Think the extra wattage is going to melt
anything in the headlight enclosure? Will the electrical on the truck
be able to handle this?

Silverstars run $29 a bulb here in Canada. I was thinking the PIAA
super-duper 9004 bulbs, but they're $100 a pair, minus my "buddy
pricing" at the parts store. A little rich for my blood. I would
rather not have to wire in fogs or driving lamps, but if anyone has some
other suggestions, I'm all ears.