Re: Clean trucks?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 11:36:57 EST

""BARRY OLIVER"" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote in message

> Heh, heh,heh, The advantages of having a white truck in the wintertime,
lol. This might [I did say might] be the one time of the year that Josh
might be willing to come over to the dark side of 4wd. [but prolly not...]

Yep, this is the only time of the year that I'd consider a 4wd. I've
actually been thinking that my next vehicle will be an AWD one. They're
better in the rain, snow, and whatever. The only downfall is trying to get
them on a dyno.

> Last night I watched a guy in a riced out Miata (would you believe 17"
wheels??) that just had a heck of a time negotiating the road in front of my
house. This thing was totally helpless, it was hilarious. He ended up
trying about a 3/4 block run to crest a 3" speedbump, and then got caught on
it. His front made it over, but the back didn't.. I was laughing so hard I
almost died, literally, because I had to grab my grille guard to keep from
falling over [additional Dak Content]. I ended up hooking up to him with a
tow strap, and pulling him to the top of the hill. I was an ass though, I
stuck it in 2wd after I got moving... by the time I got to the top of the
hill, I was pulling a miata shaped snowball. The best part was him thanking
me and being able to turn down the money he was offering me, as he was
trying to wipe his headlights off with his jacket sleeve with a mostly
straight face...

roofleskates. That must have been funny to watch. That's the problem with
a lowered little ricer though, they get hung up on everything. Plus, i'm
sure the performance tires he was running didn't help at all either.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L