Re: 2005 Dak Interior shots

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 00:44:51 EST

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:54:36 -0500, kylevan@telus.net (Kyle
Vanditmars) wrote:

>Probably just idiot lights for idiot customers, unfortunately. Half the
>people that buy Dakotas probably don't even know what those guages do.
>There are a LOT of stupid people out there when it comes to vehicles. I
>know, they come to my gas station. The best are the ones that come in
>"my oil light came on, is that bad?" 3 liters of oil in the vehicle
>later... I cringe when I think about what some cars must go through.

That was the first thing I noticed about the new cluster as well. If
that's the case, it really sucks. The more information you have on
what your vehicle is doing the more aware you can be -- and the sooner
you can take care of potential problems.

Ideally I'd like to have the inside of my truck looking like something
that resembles the cockpit of a large airliner. :-) Seriously,
though, I'm wanting to add several extra gauges to the stock cluster
on the current trucks. I'd really like to have a temp reading for the
transmission fluid as its coming out of the transmission and as its
coming out of the cooler.

What really makes me sick are the cars that come with no tach.
*shudder*

-Bill