Re: 2005 Dak Interior shots

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 11:16:13 EST

The only time I've ever used my tach was when I had a
stick shift. With the auto-trans, it wouldn't bother
me a bit to not have one. The lack of temp gauges does
worry me though. I don't even see a gauge for the
battery! The interior looks "clean", but sparse.
Everything is blocky too. (ick)
I was driving in to work this morning, and came up on
a new Ram. I really like the look of the back end. But
I still like the front of my Dak better than the Rams.

What is up with the new durangos getting a Hemi, but
the Daks won't even get that option!? That just seems
stoopid to me.

--- andy levy <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote:
> *Except* that giving all that information to the
> owner goes against the
> push by both the automakers and the government to
> wrestle control of
> your vehicle away from you. Plus the "all those
> gauges are scary"
> factor for the average person.
>
> Eventually, you will have 2 gauges (speed and fuel
> level), a couple
> specific warning lights that scream "stop this car
> now!" and then a
> general "there's something wrong" light. And
> that'll be it.
>
> | What really makes me sick are the cars that come
> with no tach.
> | *shudder*
>
> Not having a tach really weirds me out. My '99 had
> one even though it
> was a slushbox and I just got used to it. It feels
> more right.
>
> - --
> - -andy

=====