Re: 2005 Dak Interior shots

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 09:50:12 EST

"andy levy" <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote in message

> *Except* that giving all that information to the owner goes against the
> push by both the automakers and the government to wrestle control of
> your vehicle away from you. Plus the "all those gauges are scary"
> factor for the average person.

I'll never understand that. The average person will after time know where
each guage resides and will notice if there's a change in position. I'd
much prefer a guage to a light. You should see my mom's car, there's a
speedometer and a tach, everything else is a light, even temperature.

> Eventually, you will have 2 gauges (speed and fuel level), a couple
> specific warning lights that scream "stop this car now!" and then a
> general "there's something wrong" light. And that'll be it.

Sadly, I think you're right. I'll have to install several aftermarket
guages when this happens. Personally, more is better when it comes to
knowing what your car is doing.

> | What really makes me sick are the cars that come with no tach.
> | *shudder*
>
> Not having a tach really weirds me out. My '99 had one even though it
> was a slushbox and I just got used to it. It feels more right.

You get used to it I guess. When I worked at the Checy dealer, there were a
great many vehicles that came without tachs in them, some of which were
stick. Over time, you just know where and when to shift, you don't really
"need" a tach persay. I'm with you though, I gotta have it. When the one
in my stang stopped working I almost cried, and put in an aftermarket one.
Had to be done.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L