Re: 2005 Dak Interior shots

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 11:54:57 EST

Josh Battles said:

> The average person will after time know where
> each guage resides and will notice if there's a change in position.

IF they actually drive a car with several gauges for a certain amount of
time, I'd tend to agree with you. However, I think the problem is that
people won't buy a vehicle that intimidates them on a 5-10 minute test
drive. And there's an endless supply of idiots who find things like
tachometers to be intimidating because it's too hard to read, or there are
too many things to focus on, or it's too distracting, or whatever lame
excuse they come up with to avoid admitting that they just don't
understand what all that information means.

Never underestimate the power of stupidity or laziness.

While we're on the topic of the new interior, I have to say I'm not really
a fan. I can't say too much about it without seeing it in person, but it
looks like they're removing functionality in the name of styling, which
IMHO doesn't look that great to begin with.