RE: 2005 Dak Interior shots

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 19:34:30 EST

Oh well, maybe a hemi in 2006...

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of andy levy
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 4:45 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: 2005 Dak Interior shots

Phillip Batson wrote:

> Holy hell! I didn't even think of asking about that.
> Is it only going to be availble in a 4 door model?!
> Man, I love the extended cab on my truck, but if I
> want 4 doors, I'll buy car. They keep going like this
> and they may as well phase out the dak altogether. :(

Car & Driver's writeup:

"Dodge took the wraps off the all-new 2005 Dakota, which shares its
hydroformed and fully boxed frame architecture with the new Durango.
Compared to its predecessor, the new Dakota is 3.7 inches longer and 2.7
inches wider, and features new front and rear suspensions,
rack-and-pinion steering, and standard 16-inch wheels. Unlike its
midsize competitors, none of which offers a V-8, the Dakota offers two-a
4.7-liter unit rated at 230 horsepower and 290 pound-feet of torque, and
a 4.7-liter high-output version with 250-plus horsepower and 300-plus
pound-feet. The standard engine is a 3.7-liter V-6 that pumps out 210
horsepower and 235 pound-feet. The Dakota will be offered in Club Cab
and Quad Cab variations, the latter boasting a five-foot, three-inch
bed, 37.1 cu. ft. of storage space behind the front seats with the rear
seats folded, and available six-passenger seating. The Club Cab features
a six-foot, six-inch bed. Safety features are extensive and include dual
stage front airbags, an occupant-sensing system for the passenger-side
front airbag, and optional side curtain airbags, which include coverage
for both rows of seats. The Dakota will be built in Warren, Michigan,
and will hit dealerships this fall."

 From http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=7797