Re: 2005 Dakota- Making me REALLY like my 98

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 22:43:10 EST

Gary Hedlin wrote:

> Has anyone seen what dodge has on their site??
>
> http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/2005_dakota/gallery.html
>
> I could get used to it.... But it would take a few horse tranquilizers and a
> slu of anti-depressants!! I like the rear of it, front looks ok, sides look
> kinda awkward how they ran the fender into the door. Overall, I give it a
> C.
>
> I still would wait till the 05's hit the lot and get an 04 cheap!! :P
>
> I'm gonna hit the auto show Friday and scope this thing out.... I'll have
> pics up the wazoo!! :)

I LOVE the head-on... wow. The bed looks nice as well. What I don't
like is the side profile. To be honest, it looks like a... fullsize
chevy. The front overhang is horrid, too. I can see a definite market
for aftermarket bumpers if you really want to go off-road.

On a side note, the HEMI in the Dodge Magnum has 340hp & 390!! lb-ft of
torque. The question is, why the hell isn't that in the Ram?
<http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/news/2004_01_04_dodge_magnum_news_66603.html?context=magnum&type=story_link>
Built in Canada, might I add... ;-D