Re: Re: This is What Happens...

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 03:57:19 EST

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:24:43 -0500, Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com ("Mallett,
Donald B") wrote:

>OK, I saw the video today and yes it funny as all heck! Had my son and his
>to buddies laughing their butts off! Not sure why they didn't dig some of
>the snow from behind it first? At some point the tow hook came unhooked and
>got caught on the bumper!

That car wouldn't have a "tow hook" per se... Lots of those types of
cars to have a tiedown spot that's used to secure them during
transportation.

I don't think the strap came unhooked... You can see how it cracked
the bumper the first time and then the second time he just went at it
harder (and snapped up the slack in the strap at the same time) and
ended up ripping off the back end of the car. That's because there
isn't a hook to attach to in order to pull the entire weight of the
car. From where the strap was positioned, it looks like the whole
thing was attached to the bumper mount to begin with.

-Bill