Re: Re: This is What Happens...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 13:39:14 EST

Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote:

: On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:24:43 -0500, Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com ("Mallett,
: Donald B") wrote:

:>
:>OK, I saw the video today and yes it funny as all heck! Had my son and his
:>to buddies laughing their butts off! Not sure why they didn't dig some of
:>the snow from behind it first? At some point the tow hook came unhooked and
:>got caught on the bumper!

: That car wouldn't have a "tow hook" per se... Lots of those types of
: cars to have a tiedown spot that's used to secure them during
: transportation.

  Yep, that's about all you get on most vehicles. I have a set of
chains that have come in real handy when offroading with vehicles
without proper tow points or for towing cars out of snow, etc. They
have a couple of T hooks on them which are designed to fit into
those transport tie-down locations. These are also the same locations
that would be used to tie down a vehicle to a flatbed when being towed,
etc. They also have a pair of large J hooks on them so if all else
fails, you can hook around the axle (if there is one). Unfortunately,
depending on the type of body cladding and the angle at which you are
pulling, it isn't always possible to pull from those points without
the risk of some body damage.

  They weren't cheap at about $60, but they have certainly come
in very handy on many occasions, (*cough* BBQ *cough*) and for me
they are worth the money.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'