RE: Alternator, signs of dying?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 07:29:21 EST

Check the power and ground connections first. Alternator voltage output is
controlled via the PCM (no internal regulator) so have any auto-store
(Auto-Zone, PepBoys, etc.) check it for output (voltage with 12v applied and
amperage). You may also have either some water/derbis in the alternator or
some loose connections inside of it (brushes for example).

Check the battery AND the Battery Temp Sensor under the battery (loose
connections).

- Bernd