Re: Shipping Large Things

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 00:57:48 EST

Kevin S. wrote:
> They charge by size rather than weight if I remember correctly, but even
> then it's MUCH cheaper than a truck.

actually they all charge by "density" weight, x cu ft = x lbs.
only the US Post office charges by weight alone.

i.e. a matress/box spring set would cost more than an engine.

> Kevin
>

> Travis Bailey wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to sell a number of things to a gentleman in Texas (parts
>> from my former '71 Duster project...paying for most of my Dakota,
>> there's the Dak content lol). Along with other things I'm sending a
>> K-frame, a set of wheels and tires, bumpers, possibly a
>> transmission...what is the most economical way of sending these
>> things? I've never dealt with anything of this proportion before,
>> hoping someone else has and can save some time, money and
>> headaches..thanks guys,
>>
>> Travis

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)