Re: Shipping Large Things

From: Kevin S. (ksellstr@softcom.nospam.net)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 23:27:23 EST

Not sure exactly what their size limitations are, but Amtrak ships items
on their regular runs for very reasonable prices. The catch...you gotta
pick it up from the train station.

They charge by size rather than weight if I remember correctly, but even
then it's MUCH cheaper than a truck.

Kevin

--
Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB      E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2, '69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized Rockhopper A1FS