Re: Winter Shenanigans @ Jons: Was Mopar Ed

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 08:23:09 EST

On February 11, 2004 12:45 am, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> I'm picturing the driveway, in ice. but ice that some trucks can get
> up,

"Some trucks" being:
1. a V6 4x4 in 4-wheel high, at idle walking up the hill
2. a 2wd with Blizzaks, and lightly feathering the gas, but only after many
unsuccessful attempts and allowing the sun to soften up the ice a bit.

> and that same ice doesn't let another escape? I'm a bit confused.

"Another" being:
a RWD Caddy V8 with 90,000+ miles on all-season tires and a leadfoot behind
the wheel :-) (Jon didn't bother even trying his 3500.)

Call it Jim's lesson in off-road driving: wheelspin is the enemy, traction is
your friend (if you can find it). Good thing he had a trailer hitch that we
were able to hook the winch to.