Re: OT: Microshaft in the news....again.

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 16:13:57 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> but no useful details at all on what the vouln is.
>
> I love consumerish news *almost* as much as Windows. I lied - I love
> windows so much more than uninformative news. oh well.
> --
> Michael Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>

We have some of the technical specs on the vulnerabilities, we get them from
some of our vendors. From our understanding of it, (as non-programmers of
the windows OS) the "attacker" would be able to gain unrestricted access to
the terminal/server and every resource that it's connected to.

The reason that consumer news doesn't report on what the exact
vulnerabilities are is because most consumers don't have any need for that
information, nor would they know what to do with it if they received it.
Plus, giving that kind if info to the general public would also be giving it
to the virus creators.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L