Re: I joined the "Silver Star" club

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 16:10:40 EST

Craig Rash wrote:

> [...]

I'm not that impressed with the SilverStars - basically all they are is
a lightly blue tinted bulb to diffuse the yellow in the visible light.
They are whiter light - but not necessarily brighter. Not worth the cost
if you ask me. If they were higher wattage - they would be worth it.
Just a marketing gimick if you ask me.

My solution to the issue of poor headlights is to simply add additional
lighting. I had my Hella 550's on Christine and then on the Jeep.
(traded the Jeep in with the Hella's still on) There are enough
improperly aimed headlights and idiots driving with high beams on
already. I don't think I would want to have to deal with having the
roads filled with super bright headlamps that cause dangerous amounts of
night glare. So I'm not really in favor of having easily accessable
high wattage repalcement bulbs. With switched auxillary lights - I can
turn them on and off as driving conditions warrant.

I have not yet added lights to the Ram - but I will once I figure out
how I want this truck configured. I want to see what my aftermarket
options are.