Re: race prep questions

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 10:08:08 EST

Take the tonneau, spare, jack, floor mats out. Every 100 lbs is worth about
1/10th.

On street tires, drop the pressure in the rar to about 18-22 psi. Air the
fronts up to around 40 psi.

AVOID the water box!!! Do a quick dry burnout to clean the surface of the
tires. Too much heat will make them gummy, and actually lose traction.

At the line, lean on the gas peddle JUST hard enough to raise the rpm. When
it goes green, press the peddle firmly towards the floor. An immediate
flooring will usually end up with tire slippage. This will take time and
practice to figure out. Let your gut lead you in this department.

Good Luck
TonyC