Re: Oil weight

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 17:11:06 EST

Well, I have heard everything from "it will destroy your engine" to "it dosen't matter. I know from personal experience that I've never been able to get 2 different weights of motor oil to separate when poured into the same container. A couple of trucks ago, a quickie oil change place neglected to secure the oil filler cap on my 89 mazda truck. I drove almost 500 miles before I noticed (trip, all at once), and the only oil I could buy was generic 89 cent variety, but 3 quarts of that later, I was set, and I never noticed any real different (that motor lasted another 70k after that incident, and when I traded it at 210k miles, it was still strong, and didnt burn any oil....

>>> a0004096@airmail.net 02/11/04 09:38PM >>>

Hi Guys,

I looked through a couple of the replies to this thread and came up with a
question. Do you think there would be any advantages to using two different
weights in the pan at the same time?