Re: Re: Oil weight

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 20:17:26 EST

on 2/13/04 4:11 PM, BARRY OLIVER at DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us wrote:

> Well, I have heard everything from "it will destroy your engine" to "it
> dosen't matter.

As I stated, mixing 10W with 30W will get you something between 10 and 30,
and not necessarily 20W.

If you want mutiple weight oil, use a true multi weight oil, such as a
10W40, which, by nature is a semi synthetic, because to get the dino oil to
act as a multi, sythetics are added. In other words, there is no such thing
as a fully dino multi weight oil. It IS a synthetic blend.

Mixing two oils of different viscosities will do no harm to your engine.

Jon
STL MO