Re: RE: Re: race prep questions

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 19:19:12 EST

Gabe-

I'd launch at about 1500, and try short shifting to second as you roll into
the throttle.

Just resist the urge to punch it to the floor for the first 20-30 ft
as you apply the throttle.

I launch at 1500 and ease up on the brake pedal as I roll into the throttle
with my Automatic.......I've gotten a best 2.279 as a 60'
time..........NOT BAD for a 4x4!

I set my air pressure at 30-32 PSI depending on the track condition.

Going any lower risks spinning the tire on the rim of a radial tire,
slicks on the other hand are meant to be run at lower pressures.

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
www.scsilverdak.1colony.com