OT Ford 427 Cammer help

From: John Burgan (jgburgan@radicus.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 20:39:25 EST

I know this is Dakota related, but it is all about horsepower. ;)

I'm helping a buddy of mine piece together an old 427 cammer that he has had
lying around the garage for the last 20 years. He has about 90% of the parts
needed to put it together, and a Hilborn injection set-up on order. However
he is missing these parts:

stub cam (he may make this if he can't find one)
rocker shafts (again, he may make these)
timing chain
timing sprocket for the stub cam
valves (the original sodium filled Ford valves are no good)

He has called Dove Engineering and a couple of other performance houses that
specialize in cammer parts and has come up dry.

If anyone knows where to locate any of these parts, please shoot me an
e-mail offlist at jgburgan@radicus.net

If anyone one is interested, I'll have pictures and dyno sheets once this
monster engine comes together.

Thanks,
-John