Re: more power an better mileage???

From: John Bell (dak@mama.indstate.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 22:45:05 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> however, I'm amazed at 18 on the open road with a 5.9/3.92/fulltime 4
> quad cab.

I've done better... on the family vacation to New Mexico and Colorado last
year, I averaged close to 19 on the highway with cruise set at 70. Doing
3-4 hour stretches of flat non-stop interstate hwy travel, of course. That
and I got pretty good at drafting semis ;-).

The other thing is this engine has close to 48k miles on it, and I keep it
tuned up religiously. I also keep an eye on the air in the tires. I have
noticed that the Bridgestone Revos I put on have helped a little bit...

Have fun,

--
John Bell - '00 QC SLT+ 4x4 5.9 NV242 3.92LSD Patriot Blue over Driftwood