RE: o2 sensors

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 13:54:00 EST

So, should I change both? Like I said, I haven't gotten any codes that either is malfunctioning...

>>> bob@coralfarms.com 02/19/04 10:37AM >>>

At 93k miles it would be a good idea. Sensors have gotten better. Useable
life used to be considered 60k, the newer ones now suggest 100k, but in any
case it would depend on one sort of conditions that sensor was subjected to.
Any sort of contaminate or leaded fuel would shorten the mileage figure.

Sensors don't usually just break one day. Over time they start to slow down
their response and one of the "symptoms" is decreased mileage.

Bob