Re: Used MP PCM

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 14:25:57 EST

Who else tries to push anything especially without being backed by any data?
  I dont consider this the proper forum to push ones sales especially if one
is making missleading or uneducated claims to do so. This forum is for
helping out fellow dakota owners. Providing unbacked or missleading
information about a product because one just happens to sell it or make more
money off it isnt what I would consider helping another owner. Not an
attack, just my opinion.

The superchips program is built around a bone stock motor. Once you start
modifying it and the motor has different fuel needs the tuner is beginning
to lose its usefullness. A strong advantage of the mopar pcm over the
superchips is its raised shift points and its higher degree of adapability
which is usefull in modded trucks more so than stock ones though. The base
programs for the mopar pcms seem to be able to keep the a/f ratios in check
with slightly heavier mod trucks that a superchips tuner can. Look at all
the fast guys, what are they running? A mopar or b&g.

If you have a light mod truck, arent really planning on any more mods and
need something for a simple diagnostics tool and tire size changer the
superchips tuner is the ticket. If your looking to go fast pick up a mopar
pcm. If you have a few mods ditch the mopar and just send you pcm to dave
casper for a more custom flash or to KRC for one of their calibrations.

As far as dyno results I dont have any off hand, On a healty breathing 00
v6 truck we picked up allmost 4 tenths in the 1/4 mile with the superchips
tuner and I picked up 6tenths with the mopar pcm in my 93 v6. But thats
really not a good comparison for this argument....

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid

>From: Gary Hedlin <ghedlin@theramp.net>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: Re: DML: Used MP PCM
>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:53:17 -0600
>

>Greg,
>
>How come whenever anoyone else tries to push anything, we never hear a peep
>from you?? I find it pretty damn ironic....
>
>BTW: Wheres YOUR proof the Mopar PCM is better??
>
>--
>Gary Hedlin
>98 3.9 RC Sport
>http://garysdakota.1colony.com
>

>On 2/19/04 8:52 AM, in article Law12-F49vjx3zbovr20006c94c@hotmail.com,
>""greg conner"" <dodgeboy93@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Just because you make more money off a superchips than a mopar isnt a
>reason
> > to push it on this list. The mopar pcm is the way to go over the
>superchips
> > programmer for all out performance....
> >

> > Greg Conner
> > 1996 RC
> > 3.9 hybrid
> >

> >> From: "Chad Evans" <hemidak@msn.com>
> >> To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
> >> Subject: Re: DML: Used MP PCM
> >> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:31:14 -0600
> >>

> >> the superchips works way better than the mopar pcm on a 2000 r/t.
> >>
> >> I can give you the email of the guy that has one on his 2000 r/t.
> >>
> >> email me off list if you want it.

Take off on a romantic weekend or a family adventure to these great U.S.
locations. http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx