Re: RE: o2 sensors

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 16:11:27 EST

But when they do, watch out. My '95 needed some
help back in late Sept. Got it all, from me and a
smog tech. My mileage dropped a little, down to
about 22.5, but that could be just winter mixture.
Then on the 5th of Feb. I started to notice hesitation, got worse and worse,
like water in the
gas. It was the OS, about 15,000 on it. It had
shorted out internally. Roberto, the smog tech, said
he had never seen an OS do what it was doing. It
was returning a signal of 5.1 volts to the PCM. Oh,
and it was not setting a code until four days later,
and then it was out of order. It displayed 52,21,54
three times. Figure that one out. Then I came back
the next day and it displayed them in order. Bob,
you are right on the intervals, 30k for the oldest,
then 60k, and now 100k for the four wires(heated).
But My mom's '94 LHS is just now acting up, and
those 2 OS's have 175K on them.