Re: Contaminated oil

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 22:30:17 EST

>I don't know if theres an exact procedure for it, but I would think if you
>disconnected your coil and cranked it over a few times you could get the
>remaining oil out of the block once you've drained the oil from the pan.>
>
>Has anyone done this.....Bernd???? :)

Greg, I asked this a few years ago also. I've been doing that same procedure
for years. I'll get about half a cup of dirty oil. Then I'll pour a little
clean oil into the block and that helps to get out some of the slop on the
bottom of the pan. When I did ask it I got the cold shoulder back then and
answers to the affects of "wasting your time" and "change the oil more often
if you want cleaner oil". But to this day I still do it.

--
Don Mallett