Re: tonneau cover

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 05:59:51 EST

Hey, Jason,

<snip> I have been looking around at numerous tonneau covers, from snap, to
roll up, retractable and
 solid. I work and do remodeling side jobs and i need something that i can
lock in some way. ..<snip>

My VersaCap has key locks on both wings, & a bar/hasp type lock for the
gate. The gate can't be opened unless the cap has been opened when the bar
is in place...I cn leave the bar out if need be so that I can access the
cargo area thru the gate...

<snip> Any other ideas would help, i'd rather have a roll up style to keep
from removing a hard cover a lot and storing it...<snip>

No need to remove the VersaCap...I simply open the wings from the middle &
raise the support bars...I end up with about 40 inches below the
supports...If I need to get something larger in the bed, say a radial arm
saw or a refrigerator, I keep the rear support bar out until I've loaded the
bed, & then install the bar before I go anywhere...
If you visit www.snowbear.com you can see pics...The unit cost me about a
grand, weighs about 300lbs & took about 6 hours to install...I didn't have a
digital camera at the time when I installed it, so there are no assembly
steps on my homepage...
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY