RE: Contaminated oil

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 10:05:11 EST

Running the engine for a minute with no oil is just nuts...
I fill the oil filter with oil, put it on, refill the oil, then disconnect
the coil wire and turn of the engine a few revs...and by the way, Sam
Memmola, (spelling) does the same thing. He said starting an engine without
doing this beforehand without oil up in the engine shortens the life of the
engine. I trust his judgement. Injectors "washing the oil off the walls"?
NOT.

Rascal