RE: Need help fixing so I can get a new Dak (kind long)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 08:34:37 EST

You've check the first two items that can cause that. Fuel pump is
definitely one more to check (you can check this is a simple fuel pressure
gauge connected to the test-port on the fuel rail) - should run at 49
+/-5psi at all times (50psi is average).

Also, check the intake manifold for leaks (peek inside the manifold at
Key/Off WOT) and see if there is any oil puddling. Compression check
wouldn't hurt either as well as a leak-down test on all cylinders.

- Bernd