Re: 255/60-15 On A Gen II

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 22:55:34 EST

Billy-

How are you setting up the suspension?.........2" Drop spindle, or lowered
control arm?

I've had some experience lowering GEN-2 front suspensions, and the tire and
rim combination will be effected by the way the suspension is lowered.

Drop spindles are a little easier to work with, as they backspacing isn't
effected as much as using a lowered control arm due to the deeper spring
pocket.

Also I'd suggest having the wheel lip on both front fenders lightly rolled
up in or trimed back and rolled slightly to prevent the wheel lip from
slicing the sidewall under suspension compression and when
the suspension deflects going over small bumps and road surface
imperfections.

I learned that lesson the hard way on my Gen-2.........:(

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
www.scsilverdak.1colony.com