Ram is offically a 4x4

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 23:48:39 EST

No truck is a real truck until it has been stuck.

we got fresh - *wet* snow tonight... about 4 inches - I went out with
the snow blower after work - and then decided to take the Ram out to
burn off some of the remaining 45 miles of my factory warranty. It was
still snowing - and I took this back road with lots of sharp turns. I
saw I had another Ram behind me. I came upon a Olds Cutlass that took a
turn too fast and ended up well off the road in a ditch - with a Chevy
Silverado trying to pull him out - I offered to help - only to discover
I left my tank straps at home. To make matteres worse the guy had locked
his keys in the car with the engine running and in reverse. I told them
I would be back in a few mins - that I didn't live far away - I was
going to fetch my straps - I also grapped a coat hanger.

I returned to see a cop with its lights on and a Ford Ranger stopped -
apperently the guys got in the Chevy and went for help. The cop left
and the Ranger left and I stuck around - They arrived and we were going
to hook up both truck and pull. I started to turn around - on my very
bald mud Badyear MT/Rs - with a limited slip diff and little traction -
plus a leeetle too much throttle I sent myself off into teh ditch on the
other side of the road - very well stuck. Had zero traction and was
high centered in over 2 feet of snow.

The guy with the Chevy couldn't pull me out - so they phoned a guy with
a farm tractor. The guy in the Chevy drove off to go get his snow plow
truck to help too. Ended up pulling out both of us with the tractor.
The Olds came out real easy - the Ram on the other hand wasn't so easy.
  The tractor had to yank on me a few times to finally get me unstuck.
Handshaked and thank you's followed and I hauled ass home!

I NEED NEW TIRES DAMNIT!!!

I had a lot of fun actually - I was swearing when I got stuck... my
pride was wounded. But I don't regret stopping to help. Got to tell
them the story of dunking Christine too - hehehe. I have adopted Adam's
  philosophy of "now I have another story to tell" when something like
that happens heh.

Few days ago I also managed to get my moms 2002 4x4 Explorer high
centered on a big snow drift on a trip to my summer cottage north of
here. Took me over an hour to shovel the Ford out LOL