Re: Re: Functional Cowl Hood?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 23:39:34 EST

On Feb 23, 2004, at 20:33, JAMEPC@aol.com wrote:

> That's something along the lines of what I was thinking, but I know if
> I try
> to do one myself, although funtional, it may not be pretty. But.. Form
> follows
> funtion, right?
> If you have a pic of what you done, that would help.

If it were me, I'd probably make up a cardboard mock-up and then try to
form it out of thermoform plastic. I'm not sure if you could get some
that would let you form under a heat that would be easy to handle that
wouldn't deform under the hood though - so I'd probably go from the
thermoform's smooth and definite shape to fiberglass. Just make it
with "mold" in mind.

Of course I never really do anything without making an effort to make
it look as good or better than it will work ;-)

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech